A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded to your computer or device when you access certain websites.
Cookies are then sent back to originating website on each subsequent visit.
How to check if cookies are enabled
Please be aware that if you disable cookies it will not be possible to use some of the facility’s and functions on the site. To check the current status of cookies please follow instructions from the list below:
- Select ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet options’, click on the ‘Privacy’ tab.
- Ensure your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser. Settings above Medium will disable cookies.
- Click on ‘Tools’ (or the spanner icon) at the top of your browser window and select Options or Settings
- Select ‘Under the Hood/Bonnet’ tab and then select the ‘Privacy’ section, select the ‘Content settings’ button
- Now select ‘Allow local data to be set’ This will enable cookies for your browser
- Click on ‘Safari’ at the top of your browser window then select the ‘Preferences’ option
- Select on ‘Security’, then ‘Accept cookies’ and select ‘Always’
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options, then select the Privacy icon
- Then select the ‘Firefox will:’ option and select ‘Remember History’
For more information on cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org